- Worked in the travel industry since 1966
- Executive Director, Aviate Aviation and Tourism
- Sales/Marketing positions in Athens and Melbourne, Australia for Qantas Airways
- General Manager, Dalia Tours
- Sales Director, Hotel Athenaeum Intercontinental
- Assistant Berthing Officer, Chandris Lines
Handled by Discover Greece
|Postal code:||164 51|
Description of Market
Travel Industry Facts & Figures
• Population: 1,102,677
• Unemployment rate: 5.8%
• 433,800 Internet users - 39.3% of the population
• Gross Domestic Product – GDP per capita is US$28,379
• Country Size (Area) – Cyprus has 9,251 sq km – population density is 119 per sq km
• The area of the Republic of Cyprus has a market economy dominated by the service sector which employs 72.1% percent of the labour force.
• Tourism, financial services, and real estate are the most important sectors. Growth rates over the past decade reflect the economy's reliance on tourism, which often fluctuates with political instability in the region and economic conditions in Western Europe.
• Cyprus joined the European Exchange Rate Mechanism in May 2005 and adopted the euro as its national currency on 1 January 2008.
• The islands prosperity came under pressure in 2009, as construction and tourism slowed in the face of reduced foreign demand triggered by the ongoing global financial crisis.
• The Cypriots are among the most prosperous people in the Mediterranean region. Internationally, Cyprus promotes its geographical location as a "bridge" between three continents, along with its educated English-speaking population, good airline connections, and telecommunications.
Top Producing Marine IATA Agents
• AMATHUS TRAVEL
• ATTESHLIS TRAVEL
• EDT OFFSHORE
• EURASIA TRAVEL
• GRIFFIN TRAVEL
• HENLEY TRAVEL
• IONIKA TRAVEL
• LOUIS CRUISE LINES
• MERCURIUS TRAVEL
• SEA ISLAND TRAVEL
• SEAHAT TRAVEL
• TOP KINISIS TRAVEL
• Greece, and Cyprus to a smaller extent, is one of the major players in the Global Seaman Market. Greek owned ships exceed 51% of the total European Union merchant marine and 16% of the world total numbering 3618 vessels with a total gross tonnage of 103.807.860 NRT
• More than 25,000 seamen of various nationalities, mostly based in the Philippines and Eastern Europe, work on Greek ships which cross-trade worldwide in both dry and wet cargo. These crew members travel to/from their country of origin for repatriation, or to their vessel port-of-call for embarkation
• COSCO, one of the biggest container-port operators in the world, have invested in the port of Piraeus in Greece as a gateway for Chinese exports to the rest of Europe.
• Greek ship-owners are increasingly focusing on China for new ship-building orders as well as trade and crew movements.
• 47% of total BSP GR sales revenue is attributed to the Marine segment - the majority of which is 6th freedom sales.