- Worked in the travel industry since 1981
- Country Sales Manager for United Airlines
- Country Sales Manager for The Hertz Corporation
- Winner of 1997 Discover Award, the most prestigious award made to a Discover Director for excellence in sales, business and creative, marketing and for exemplifying the Discover spirit.
Discover Denmark also covers the following territories:
Description of Market
Denmark General Market Conditions
- Population of 5.5 million – growing and ageing
- IMF Forecasts 2007: GDP (based on PPP per capita) USD$37,399
- GDP Growth Rate: 2.3%, Unemployment: 4.9%, Inflation: 2.0%
- Country Area:
- Main Area:
- Capital: Copenhagen
- Number of IATA agencies: 258
- Number of NON IATA agencies: 201
- Number of people travelling abroad each year: 8.9 Million
- GDS coverage: Amadeus 65%, Galileo 23%, Worldspan 17% & Sabre 5%
- Some agent have more then 1 GDS system
In addition to Denmark, Discover Denmark handles Norway, Sweden, Finland & The Baltics.
In general for all 4 countries;
• 4 Separate Political Systems.
• 4 Separate Economies.
• 4 Separate Markets.
• 4 Different Languages.
• 4 Different Currencies.
• 4 National Carriers: SAS in Denmark, Norway, Finland & Sweden
• 1 BSP for all 4 countries - namely BSP Scandinavia – in addition to Denmark, Norway, Finland & Sweden, BSP Scandinavia is also covering Iceland & the Baltics.
• Denmark and Sweden have become much closer since the opening of the OeresundBridge on June 01, 2000. The bridge is linking Copenhagen in Denmark with the city of Malmoe, Sweden’s third largest city. The trans-border trade has almost exploded since June year 2000.
The consumers shop and live on both side of the bridge for the best offers. This situation also apply for the airline and travel industry meaning that there is almost no border between the greater Copenhagen area and all of Southern Sweden as for north as Gothenburg when it comes to sales and marketing
Local time: 11:10 AM